Complete the Application by yourself or with an agent?
Applicants have the option of using an approved MM2H agent or submitting their application directly. Doing it yourself is best for those who easily meet the requirements and do not mind finding their way around the various government departments. A common complaint is the frequent rule changes, often unannounced which can make it harder for those making their own applications. Using an agent will make the process a lot easier and avoid the need to place a cash security bond (the agent will sponsor you) but of course involves paying the agent their fee.
All agents have to be approved by the Ministry of Tourism. These can be identified by the initials (MM2H) in their company name. We are an approved MM2H agent and can assist with your application. Our fees are below the guidelines set by the Ministry.
The MM2H Application
Applications can be submitted while the applicant is in Malaysia or from overseas. Once the committee reviews the documents and approves the application, they will issue a letter of ‘Conditional Approval’. At this time the applicant has six months to complete the remaining conditions (obtain medical insurance, complete the medical examination and open the fixed deposit) and collect the visa.
The following documents are required to complete the application process, some at the time of original submission and others after receiving the letter of conditional approval.
Covering letter (see note below).
* Three copies of IM.12 Social Visit Pass.
* One copy of the Application Form MM2H
* 4 passport sized photographs of applicant and spouse (if accompanied by spouse).
* Certified true copies (see note 3) of all pages of passport/travel document of applicant and spouse (if relevant).
* Certified true copy of every page of previous passport if your current passport is less than one year old (Note: only the page with personal particulars needs to be certified).
* Certified true copy of Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse).
* Certified true copy of children’s birth certificate (if relevant).
* A current resume outlining employment history of primary applicant.
* Evidence of financial assets.- For above 50, RM 350,000 is required and for below 50, RM 500,000 will be required to be shown in a form of bank statements or other financial documents.
* Evidence of regular monthly income.- Minimum income of RM 10,000 per month has to be shown and the supporting documents for this which is requires is the latest 3 months payslip or pension slip and if it is from rental income the tenancy agreement will be required and if it is interest or dividends from Investments, the latest 6 month or 1 year statement has to be shown which has the details of the amount invested and the interest or dividends received.
* Medical report of applicant – Form RB 1.
This can be a self declaration initially but after the conditional approval letter is issued, it must be signed off by a doctor in Malaysia.
* Letter of Good Conduct by a government agency where you currently live (if you have lived there several years) or your home country (usually the Police Department)
* Authorization letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre authorising them to verify the financial documents with the relevant financial institutions.
* Evidence of purchasing property in Malaysia over RM1 million (if requesting approval to make lower fixed deposit).
Visa collection : After receiving the letter of conditional approval the following documents must be submitted when collecting the visa:
* Evidence of placing the Fixed Deposit – if applying under this criteria
* Copy of Malaysian medical insurance
* Copy of medical report
* Letter of Good Conduct from Government Agency